Nominations are Open for the 2018 Keysight Early Career Professor Award
- Promote and encourage excellent research enabling design, test or measurement capabilities of importance to Keysight Technologies and the world
- Establish strong collaborative relationships between Keysight researchers and leading professors early in their career
- Build the prominence of Keysight as a sponsor of university research
- Promote excellence in teaching of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Significant original research contributions enabling design, test or measurement capabilities of importance to Keysight Technologies and the world
- Outstanding potential for future research
- Evidence of teaching excellence
- Professor completed Ph.D. less than 10 years before January 1, 2018
Keysight will select one professor each year to receive the award. The winner will receive:
- An unrestricted research award of $50,000 per year for two years to the university in the professor's name
- Option to use all or part of award to obtain Keysight products at 50% discount
- Option to accelerate payments to facilitate procurement of equipment with list price over $100k
- Engraved plaque commemorating award
- Recognition on Keysight Technologies' external website
Application Process for 2018:
- The nomination form requires contact information, a summary of the nominee's qualifications and future directions (up to 1000 words), a nomination letter (up to 500 words) and a CV. Self-nominations are encouraged. Please do not include any proprietary information.
- Nominee's research should align with one or more Keysight Technologies University Research Themes.
- Completed nomination form is sent to Keysight University Relations:
Nomination deadline - January 8, 2018
- Finalists (no more than five) are chosen from the pool of nominees by the Keysight Early Career Professor Award Committee using the criteria above. The Award Committee is appointed by Director of University Relations and External Research. Finalists are announced by February 1, 2018.
- Finalists are to submit two letters of recommendation addressing why the candidate is an excellent match to the award selection criteria along with a photo. Deadline - March 9, 2018.
- The award winner will be announced by May 9, 2018.
- Award is bestowed upon professor in suitable ceremony. The winner's photo will be posted on the website.
- Winner is invited to make a presentation at an Keysight site (at Keysights expense).
- The winner is posted on the Keysight website along with highlights of the principal academic contributions for which the awardee was selected.
Frequently Asked Questions