Keysight Technologies to Show New Test and Measurement Solutions at ECOC 2015
Advanced Solutions for Engineers Designing, Testing Next-Generation Networks
SANTA ROSA, Calif., Sept. 15, 2015
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) today announced it will demonstrate test and measurement solutions developed to advance the design and manufacturing of communications equipment beyond 400Gb/s, from components through the data centers to telecom providers, at ECOC 2015, Booth 402, Valencia, Spain, Sept. 28-30.
Keysight's new solutions are intended to enable the development of next-generation networks used for the generation and analysis of coherent optical modulated signals. These solutions will address new modulations techniques such as PAM-4, the characterization of electrical and optical transceivers, and component test.
- The new 81195A optical modulation generator software enables emulation of highly precise complex modulated signals. The software provides a vast range of modulation formats, up to 256 QAM, at a maximum symbol rate of 32.5 GBaud. In conjunction with the M8195A 4-channel arbitrary waveform generator, the 81195A offers the unique capability to generate dual polarization I/Q signals and change their properties in real-time. Signal stress conditions, such as polarization rotation, carrier phase noise and polarization mode dispersion (PMD), are electronically synthesized and altered at runtime, thus ensuring repeatability of the measurement. This helps design engineers of long haul and metro optical transmission applications maximize test efficiency and thus reduce development time and cost. Varying signal properties in real-time, independent of memory size, guarantees the most realistic test scenarios.
- The new version of the N7700A Photonic Application Suite, version 2.0, adds new features and supports the latest instruments for continuous-sweep tunable laser-based measurements. The suite now supports the new 81606A tunable lasers sources (TLS) with sweep rates up to 200 nm/s. The N7700A-102 Fast Sweep IL (FSIL) engine includes the new TLS speeds and bidirectional sweeping, providing fast repetitions and maximum dynamic range. This is accomplished by stitching sweeps at multiple power meter ranges, including adjustment for analog bandwidth differences. FSIL now allows independent range selection for multiple power meters, offers automatic optimization of averaging time and power range, and adds support for the N7747A and N7748A high-performance power meters with 2 and 4 channels.
- The new, next generation of optical receiver stress test solution for 100GBASE-LR4 and -ER4 transceivers. The transceivers provide accurate and repeatable receiver characterization for design and validation engineers, allowing them to effectively evaluate their latest 100Gb Ethernet designs. The solution is based on the J-BERT M8020A high-performance BERT, including the M8062A 32Gb/s BERT front end, the 86100D Infiniium DCA-X high-bandwidth oscilloscope, 81490A reference transmitter and N77 series attenuator. The newly configured solution enables customers to either use the build-in error counters or the BERTs integrated error detector.
- The new clock data recovery (CDR) option for the M8062A 32Gb/s BERT front end. The fully integrated CDR provides clocking for the error analyzer. With loop bandwidth up to 40 MHz and minimal peaking, the CDR locks to virtually any loopback signal from the device being tested. This CDR, with best-in-class performance, adds integrated ISI channel emulation and analyzer equalization to its list of unique functionality. This makes the J-BERT M8020A the best choice for users developing and characterizing 100G serial data links.
- The enhanced M8195A 65 GSa/s arbitrary waveform generator, with options for up to 16 G samples of memory and 3-level sequencing, significantly extends the playtime. With the new M8197A synchronization module, it is possible to synchronize up to four M8195A modules for a total of up to 16 fully synchronized channels in a single 5-slot AXIe chassis. The M8197A also provides more precise triggering as well as a dynamic control port for more flexible scenario generation.
- Demonstrating how to accurately generate and characterize PAM-4 signals. Testing components or systems using this modulation requires highly precise stimuli, such as the M8195A arbitrary waveform generator (AWG), as well as new analysis features on sampling and real-time oscilloscopes, such as the 86100D DCA-X or the Infiniium V-Series oscilloscope.
- Demonstrating the only Indium Phosphide 63 GHz Oscilloscope with the industry flattest frequency response, lowest noise and highest ENOB (Effective Number of Bits).
- Demonstrating the new transmitter and dispersion eye closure (TDEC) 86100D DCA-X based measurement technique that qualifies 25-28 Gbaud optical transceivers for compliance with recent Ethernet and Fibre Channel standards. TDEC calculates the penalty caused by transmitter imperfections after a NRZ signal passes bandwidth-limited multimode fiber.
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies (NYSE:KEYS) is a global electronic measurement technology and market leader helping to transform its customers' measurement experience through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. Keysight's electronic measurement instruments, systems, software and services are used in the design, development, manufacture, installation, deployment and operation of electronic equipment. The business had revenues of $2.9 billion in fiscal year 2014. Information about Keysight is available at www.keysight.comwww.keysight.com.
# # #
Janet Smith, Americas
+1 970 679 5397
Sarah Calnan, Europe
+44 (118) 927 5101
Connie Wong, Asia