The European Union (EU) Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) impacts Keysight Technologies in many ways. Keysight product portfolio has transitioned to be compliant with the RoHS substance restrictions. Keysight design rules have incorporated the results from internal and external studies in order to ensure reliability with the new RoHS-compliant and compatible materials. Keysight is committed to meeting customer demands for high reliability and we have expectations that our contract manufacturers (CMs) and direct material suppliers will support us as we complete the transition.
- Keysight has transitioned to RoHS compliant materials for our products. New products are designed for compliance and many older products have been converted. This includes the use of lead-free solder and materials compatible with the higher soldering temperature.
- When RoHS compliance is required, the Keysight
Supplemental Specification for RoHS will be specified on a drawing,
specification document or included in the data package for the item.
- Requirements for lead-free soldering processes and materials are found in the Keysight design standards. Contact your Keysight representative for a copy.
- Keysight's general material restrictions are available at URL: //about.keysight.com/en/quality/General_Specification_for_the_Environment.pdf
and apply to all direct material purchases. Keysight cannot guarantee
that GSE changes will be communicated to all suppliers, so suppliers
should use the on-line document and check periodically to ensure
they have the latest version.
- Keysight requests material chemical composition data for all purchased items used to manufacture Keysight product. Keysight requests the data whether or not a manufacturer's items conform to the RoHS restrictions.
Requirements for Keysight's Suppliers
- To avoid growth of tin whiskers, board mountable parts for solder assembly must conform to Keysight's preferred terminal finish materials listed in Keysight's Component Finish Guidelines. To obtain a copy of the guidelines, please ask your Keysight contact for a copy of the Keysight Termination Finish Guidelines published by Keysight's Distributed Materials Engineering Team
- All component changes, including those related to RoHS compliance must be
submitted as early as possible to PCN@keysight.com
for Keysight approval.
- All product/component changes must be documented and reported
per the requirements of EIA/JEDEC
JESD46-C (Product Change Notification). All product/component
discontinuances must be documented and reported per EIA/JEDEC
JESD48-B (Product Discontinuance).
- Any changes related to RoHS should be considered major changes.
- Please include technical details regarding the change, including reliability testing data and failure mitigation information that will assist Keysight with approving the change.
- Please include a timeframe for the change and the availability of legacy items.
- Please provide a copy of your PCN@keysight.com
submittal to the contact that manages the procurement of material
from you on behalf of Keysight.
- Keysight is a participating sponsor of the iNEMI High Reliability Task Force, which recommends:
- adoption of iNEMI-recognized whisker mitigation practices; and,
- testing and adherence to the qualification criteria of the JEDEC JESD201A and JESD22A121 qualification criteria.
- If you are a Contract Manufacturer and find a discrepancy between Keysight's
AML and the supplier's MPN, please notify Keysight with a message
sent to PCN@keysight.com.
If you have a discrepancy that is a potential part shortage which
may put your next shipment(s) at risk, notify your Keysight contact
- Keysight is in support of unique part numbers for RoHS compliant components.
- Keysight requires its supply base to disclose hazardous substance
content of each part we are supplied. Reporting shall be in accordance
Material Declaration Requirements. Compliance is required and, where
a non-compliance issue is identified, a resolution plan is essential.
Where compliance is not possible, alternative solutions are necessary
to ensure continued shipment of current and future products.
- Learn more about the process of submitting parts and materials data in Keysight's Material Declaration Requirements.
- Keysight requires Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment (WEEE)
labeling for all OEM end user products. See Keysight's OEM
- For questions about Keysight's RoHS & WEEE compliance expectations for suppliers, please ask your Keysight contact to refer you to someone in Keysight's Environmental Compliance Program.
- For questions about Keysight's Material Declaration Reporting, please contact us at email@example.com.
Requirements for Keysight's Direct Material Suppliers